Monday, November 10, 2014

Playing Catch Up


After several months of shows 2-3 days a week I have "slowed down" and am doing only one. I should think I would be full of energy, however, Sunday I felt like I had no energy and ended up taking a three hour nap! The good thing is that I feel far more refreshed than I have in quite some time. The bad news is I am unable to sleep and am writing this at 1:24 am on Monday morning.


 I think a lot of us go go go until we just can't any more. Having fibromyalgia means that It does not seem to take all that much for me to get to that point and I tend to push myself to always do more. I have guilt when I don't or when I end up missing an event or evening out because I just can't do one more thing. The funny thing is that I often don't realize how worn out I am  until I pass out- taking a three hour nap!

 When I woke up it was to the barks of my dogs who were greeting the "pizza man" at the door. My wonderful hubby hadn't wanted to bother me with either cooking or him banging around in the kitchen so he called out. What a relief! I am so blessed to have a wonderfully supportive man in my life and am truly filled with gratitude.

Today I will get back on schedule ( I hope) and perhaps get some house work done plus grocery shopping. Then I will plan my attack for the week which will include a day of making ornaments. I like to think of them as jewelry for the holiday tree, myself. Here are a two from last week.






Do you go until you just can't anymore? And how do you get back on track when you realize it?


1 comment :

  1. I've learned the hard way that I am no good to myself or anyone around me without proper rest and boundaries. So as much as I hate missing out on things I've learned for the health of everyone involved I just really need to say no. Glad you are back on track.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think! :)