Friday, June 22, 2018

My Self-Care Summer "Bucket List"

Self-care is something that I work on year round and this summer is no different. There are so many things I would love to do, and while I may not get to every single one, I intend to set out and accomplish 1 or 2 every week. I am hoping to inspire you to make your list too!



  • Berry picking.
  • Eat lots of watermelon!
  • Browse a couple flea markets.
  • Go to the Drive-In Movie Theater.
  • Visit the farmer's market several times.
  • Put up a big sheet and have a movie night in the backyard.
  • Fall asleep in the sun (with lots of sunscreen on!)


  • Do my yoga practice out in the garden.
  • Read on my deck with my tea in the mornings.
  • Bring more cut flowers in from the garden. Weekly would be good...
  • Hang up my hammock swing again-I skipped the past 2 years! But not THIS time!
Grab yourself one of these amazing hammock chairs HERE

  • Give someone a fat, juicy tip-like 50% or more to make their week!
  • A trip to an old-fashioned swimming hole in a cool glade.
  • Make a summer playlist on my iPhone-gotta rock those Beach Boys!
  • Make a yummy, creamy new cold/frozen drink and invite friends over for them
  • Beach trip to Harkness Park (At LEAST 3-4 of those)

  • Go horseback riding down to a river under the full moon. Let the horses splash and play in the moonlight with us!
  • Picnic at the park that is in our pretty little downtown area.
  • Check out the small concerts that take place in our local park -all for free! Oh and I can have that picnic at the same time!
  • Make more waters with lemons, oranges, dill or cucumber slices.

  • Buy and wear a two-piece swimsuit (I am not a THIN woman by ANY MEANS!). This will be tough. Finding, then wearing it, and not caring what anyone thinks, is all part of the process!
  • Sit on the docks at Captain Scot's and eat yummy seafood.
  • Look for shooting stars.
  • Have a Clam Bake Dinner. Make sure there are shrimp and extra lobsters!  Here is one done outside on the grill!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think! :)