Friday, April 10, 2015

A New Project! Artist Relocation: Torrington!

Because I am never busy enough (ha ha ha!) or perhaps because I just can't say no when I am approached by someone with a really amazing idea I am starting to work on a new project with the wonderful Ed Jaffe.


Ed Jaffe a brilliant artist & creator of the Torrington Artist Relocation Project
Ed Jaffe a brilliant artist & creator of the Torrington Artist Relocation Project


Ed is an artist that I met recently at an Arts and Culture Commission meeting here in Torrington, CT. I loved the enthusiasm and spirit he showed when discussing his idea for promoting Torrington as a place that artists would like to move to and agree wholeheartedly that our little town has much to offer to the public as a whole, but especially to artists. We have the beautiful Warner Theater, the acclaimed Nutmeg Ballet and its Conservatory for the Arts and the beautiful Five Points Gallery, just to name a few.

Five Points Gallery Torrington CT
Five Points Gallery


A lot of artists have actually been coming into town recently and with good reason. We have tax incentives for anyone opening a business and it is also economical to live in our town, while almost anything you might require can be found here. Ed Jaffe was one artist who recently moved here from Virginia and Karen Rossi also opened a new studio and retail location here in town. John Noelke of Barhamsted, CT has a gallery in our downtown along with the musically talented crew from The Performance Hub USA Education Foundation. We also have a wonderful Northwest CT Arts Council and our own Arts & Culture Commission that I mentioned earlier. I have become very familiar with both of these wonderful resources and they and those that are a part of them have helped me personally in numerous ways.

Karen Rossi holds a pin that she and Dawn Hill have been collaborating on for her new jewelry collection
Karen Rossi holds a pin that she and Dawn Hill have been collaborating on for her new jewelry collection


I am excited about where my path is leading me these days. I really hope you will consider coming to Torrington, and experiencing the culture here first hand. Who knows? You may end up staying once you become acquainted with all this lovely little town has to offer.Check out the Artist Relocation: Torrington on Facebook and say hi while you are there. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think! :)