A new blog "starring" Corey Hudson!
|Corey is the driving force behind "The Hearts of Strangers"|
I get overwhelmed and become run down both physically and emotionally from time to time. While scrolling along my feed on Facebook recently, I came across this
post by my friend Corey Hudson and I thought it was just so brilliant. Corey is a very talented photo journalist, recovery specialist, author, speaker and a beautiful soul who spreads his message freely and generously. He agreed to let me post that Facebook post here on my blog and I am so grateful for both his brilliance and thoughtfulness in sharing his "reset process" with the world.
I hope you all find it as remarkable, enlightening and useful as I do.
On The Road with Corey Hudson
By the end of last week I felt my emotional, physical, and spiritual well was running dry. Here's what I'm doing to help maintain more balance and to replenish what I'm giving of myself every day.- Incorporated yoga into my gym routine
- Started leaving my phone in my locker at the gym
- Began taking time to meditate while sitting in the sauna
- Incorporated seeing my therapist twice a month to help with support during times of overwhelming change and growth
- Consciously making more time for family and friends
- Practicing taking time to do something that makes me happy (sing, dance, watch an inspiring video, watch a funny comedian, spend more time outside, take more photos)
- Practicing more discipline with drinking more water, taking my vitamins, and making shakes
- Taking time for rest and relaxation
- Making time for play (no matter the length of the to-do list)
- Breaking tasks down into smaller steps when they feel overwhelming
- Going with the flow, adapting to situations out of my control, and redirecting negative or draining thinking and emotions
- Setting healthy boundaries with what I give and what I receive.It's the little things. I'm feeling better after just a few days of focusing on the solutions rather than the issues. I hope this helps to inspire you to make any necessary changes that will enhance your mental, physical, and spiritual space.
|Find out more about Corey's story and his journey by clicking here!|